To apply for this position, please email email@example.com and attach your resume, cover letter and two writing samples (100-300 words) about your favorite TV shows.
If you’re feeling crazy enough to share your obsession for TV, work with us! Wetpaint is looking for a sassy, informed, and opinionated Editor II to manage and maintain a fun and full portfolio of TV entertainment sites. Reporting directly to the Managing Editor, the Editor II will primarily focus on content strategy, day-to-day management and audience building around a set of hot entertainment properties that cater to Wetpaint’s core female demographic. Broad strokes include management of in-house and freelance editors, content editing, content writing, social media distribution, and photo/video production. You’ll join an existing team of talented editors in helping shape a best-in-class web publishing platform.
The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a collaborative team environment and has the ability to effectively manage deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced work setting. Night and weekend availability is a must. Demonstrated experience writing and editing in a specific voice in the entertainment/lifestyle genre is required, as is intermediate knowledge of SEO and web analytics. Passion for TV, pop culture, and fashion is a major, major plus!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Plan the content and publishing schedule for a portfolio of TV fan sites
- Research topic areas and competitive offerings
- Help develop, write, and edit content (text, photos, and video)
- Analyze and react to performance of content types
- Adhere to weekly editorial budget
Identify, hire, and manage editorial talent – Assistant Editors, and editorial contractors
- Coordinate and supervise the workflow of a pool of freelance writers
- Provide ongoing intern and contractor support, training, and management
- Manage a team of Assistant Editor and interns
Assist Executive Editor in developing Wetpaint’s ongoing editorial strategy
- Help evaluate and select new TV shows to cover
- Help develop new types of content and new ways of experimenting with content
Skills & Experience:
- 3 to 5 years of editorial web publishing, must include experience in the lifestyle genre.
- Deep understanding for how to optimize content for readability and presentation for the web.
- Experience working with or managing freelance writers/editors.
- Strong familiarity with search engine optimization, web analytics, social media, and photo editing programs.
- B.A. in English, Journalism, or related field.