To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Wetpaint is on the hunt for Social Media Interns to help manage our social media presence across Facebook and Twitter within our Loop du Loop website. This is a *paid internship* with the opportunity to advance to regular, full-time employment. BUT, first, a few questions to see if it’s right for you:
- Do you have an undying love for social media? If you can’t walk a block without thinking about checking your Facebook or conjuring up something to tweet then this may be the job for you. BUT, your recreational social habits must also come along with a deep interest in knowing more about how the social web works than anyone else on the planet. If you already know what “EdgeRank” is then you’re on the right path. If you satisfy both of those, read on
- Do you have a desire to be on the ground floor of a social testing lab? Enjoy creating live, consumer experiments and examining results? A desire to dig in on the numbers behind your communities and brainstorm new ways of engaging on social platforms will make this position more like a favorite hobby, than anything remotely close to a job. If that’s a yes, then you better move to number 3!
- Are you interested in covering the fun stuff that moms are looking for and talking about online? Are you someone who is enthusiastic about a wide variety of topics, anywhere from pop culture to beauty and health to decor and food? If yes, then read on!
- Do you also fancy yourself as a writer, capable of busting out prose on last night’s Gossip Girl episode or the latest Real Housewives drama?
If you passed all 4 tests, then this may be your dream job.
Primary job responsibilities will include:
- Working directly with the social media team to create the Wetpaint social experience
- Engaging directly with fans/followers to keep their relationship with Wetpaint going strong
- Brainstorm new ways of communicating on social platforms to improve on our daily results
- Flawlessly execute experiments and analyze results to see what works
- Identifying and building relationships with key influencers
From a tactical, day-to-day perspective, what this means is that you’ll be:
- Posting Wetpaint content to Facebook and Twitter for a set of Wetpaint fan pages
- Writing status updates (polls, questions, quizzes, etc.) to engage the communityy
- BKeeping track of “the conversation” and responding when necessary
- Building our fan base
- Tracking performance of post/tweet activity and reporting on results
- Monitoring Facebook and Twitter for content ideas
We will require a commitment of Monday through Friday for this full-time opportunity.